What is knowledge?
What is the purpose of education?
It has been interesting to see the results on our Google plus community. There are many similarities and I am left asking myself if this is a result of how we have been educated? Do we all really believe the same things or are we, as teachers, confined within the box of pedagogy?
I am hopeful to find the answer to this question over the next year as we take this journey together.
1. Critical thinking and Problem Solving
2. Teamwork and Networking. Skills: Understand and respect differences and lead by influence
3. Agility and adaptability. Skills: Being able to work across areas
4. Initiative and entrepreneurism. Be willing to set stretch goals.
5. Effective oral and written communication. Use analytical thinking and personal voice for persuasive writing.
6. Ability to access and analyse information.
7. Curiosity and Imagination
These skills dovetail beautifully with the aspirations of the NZ curriculum. They also fit with key competencies and science capabilities.